Product Development Technologist
Provide technical product research and development support.
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Hybrid in-office/work from home schedule, with 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY which are paid by company)
Hat You'll Do
- Apply principles and theories of science to solve problems occurring in the research and development stage of product development lifecycle
- Ensure consistent product quality by leading randomized product evaluations such as internal and external process audits, requesting Certificate of Analysis from internal and external labs as needed
- Troubleshoot problems pertaining to formula performance, specifications and efficacy and lead formula reformulations when necessary
- Conduct market research on raw materials from chemical vendors to identify new and emerging trends within industry and introduce materials into stable formulations
- Create product dossier and Quality Control checklist to identify product specifications for Product Development Department and Incoming Goods Inspection at NJ Warehouse
- Work with PD team to develop and execute innovative concepts, textures, technology and ingredients research
- Review product development requests to finalize concepts, research and select active and story ingredients and define the products feasibility and development parameters
- Evaluate formula submissions and provide feedback and re-directs to manufacturers
- Work closely with regulatory teams to ensure compliance of product formulas and claims for existing and emerging new markets
- Write and publish Product Knowledge Sheets defining full concept, product features, benefits/claims and keys ingredients, and present it when needed to Marketing, Education & Training teams
- Identify products that need to be reformulated or discontinued and manage reformulation projects.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or Foreign equivalent) in Chemistry or Medical Science related field.
- Minimum one year of cosmetic industry experience.
Additional Job Requirement: this job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
Ready to Apply?
please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.