Springboard is seeking a Product Designer with experience in Design Systems and Service Design to join our team. We're a passionate, cross-functional team that is dedicated to improving learning experiences for Springboard students, mentors, and coaches.
Building out internal tools and infrastructure is key to the service we deliver, and we take a human-centric product approach. You'll use research, data, workshops, and interviews to understand problems and interact with many functions across Springboard to craft workflows and experiences for our students, mentors, and operation teams.
What you'll do:
- Design System definition and advocacy: Work in a cross-functional team to create and deliver an initial version of the Springboard Design System. Define and maintain high-quality design tokens, components, patterns, etc. that are compatible with web and mobile platform standards and best practices. Will continually advocate for the adoption and use of the Design System through documentation, support and guidance.
- Research and documentation: Conduct and facilitate research and collaborative workshops; synthesize findings and create relevant artifacts—journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, and slide decks—to visually communicate student, mentor, and employee experiences.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Be comfortable working across multiple systems – projects could touch software development, operations optimization, digital and service workflows. Collaborate with product design, instructional design, mentor operations, career services, product, and engineering to create sustainable processes and experiences. Asses and identify better ways of working to improve processes, services, systems and collaboration.
- User-Centered Design: You'll identify issues and gaps in our product experience. You'll analyze different possible scenarios, then adeptly wireframe and prototype solutions, using simple information architecture and a consistent design language.
- Approach: Rapidly produce concepts, workflows, and prototypes while understanding when deeper exploration is warranted or when to try another method—shift between big-picture and detail-oriented thinking.
- 2+ years professional UX/Product Design or related experience
- Make sure to provide a link to your portfolio on your resume/in your application
- Experience crafting a Design System or leveraging an exisiting one for web and mobile experiences
- Familiarty with Web Accessibility standards & ADA compliance
- Experience employing a range of design tools and methodologies
- Fluency in quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Fluency in verbal and visual communication tools (Figma, Miro, etc.)
- Highly collaborative, with experience working alongside other design competencies, engineering, operations, and course development teams
- Comfortable in fast-paced and ambiguous work environments
- Passionate about Springboard's mission to transform student lives
- Background in the education industry is a plus, not a requirement.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.