At Jazwares, we believe an innovative idea can come from anywhere, and anyone. We work collaboratively to achieve our goals and we have fun doing it! Jazwares, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading global toy manufacturer with an award-winning, robust portfolio of wholly owned and licensed brands. Founded in 1997, Jazwares celebrates imaginative play with a progressive focus on identifying new and relevant trends to transform into high-quality products for consumers of all ages. Jazwares engages consumers through innovative play experiences with popular brands such as Squishmallows, Pokémon, Star Wars, CoComelon, Fortnite, AEW, Adopt Me!, Hello Kitty, and many more. In addition to toys, offerings also include Metaverse gaming, costumes, and products for pets. Headquartered in Sunrise, Florida, Jazwares has offices worldwide and sells its products in over 100 countries.
As the Product Designer in our new pets division, you will be responsible for designing and developing unique, appealing, and functional pet products that meet the needs and preferences of both pets and their owners for internal IP brands and licensed products. If you are a talented Pet Product Designer with a passion for illustration and a love for pets, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Instrumental in generating new toy concepts and designing new play experiences for new and/or existing brands and product lines
- Deliver end-to-end product design including research, concepts, prototypes, and user testing.
- Champion great design in our high-quality products and help ensure they are within target cost and QA/QC requirements.
- Builds consensus between members throughout the design process
- Work collaboratively with your branding, product management, engineering, packaging, licensor, and other internal team partners to create a product that is the best fit for the brand and meets licensor requirements.
- Attend Brand and licensing meetings and brainstorming to obtain enough information to design products with the correct expectations.
- Successfully present and communicate concepts to the brand, development, management, and licensor teams.
- Ensure delivery of precise, clear, and complete product turnover specifications and ensure they are fully understood by the international team/factory.
- Work with outside vendors.
- Support the overall strategic goals of the product, and provide direction and feedback during the development process that is attentive to licensor and for brand assurance.
- Responsible for completing, reviewing, documenting specification changes, submitting for licensor approval, and providing comments for illustrative turns, sculpts, paint masters, and sample reviews
- Work closely with brand/management teams to resolve development issues, while assuring designs meet the target cost, schedule, and brand standards
- Participate in the entire life cycle of project development from a concept through initial ideation, refinement, prototype execution, and turnover packages to development teams.
- Collaborate with the packaging design team to ensure product and packaging are aligned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Constant communication with your Manager to make sure you are working towards the right goal.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in toy design, industrial design, industrial engineering, or industry-relevant field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally experience designing for pet products or toys.
- 1+ years of experience working with global manufacturing factories (Asia preferred)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office & G-Suite.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign) or other similar tools.
- Fusion 360, Solidworks, and Z-Brush are preferred but not required.
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work cross-functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments
- Able to work independently or collaboratively
- Knowledge of materials and multiple manufacturing processes
- Exceptional visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, organize, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
What we offer:
Base pay may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in the role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Jazwares offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave, and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
JAZWARES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, age, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bachelors or better in Design and Technical Production or related field.
- 3 years: Proficiency in adobe creative suite (illustrator, photoshop, and indesign) or other similar tools.
- 3 years: Product Design experience, ideally experience designing for pet products or toys.