San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for experienced designers of all levels to join our team and help us improve our core tools (Figma and FigJam), build new ways to collaborate, improve our tooling and experiences for Figma admins, and grow our business and the Figma Community. We highly value craft expertise, and we love to see strong product thinking as well.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, research, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
More senior candidates will also:
- Mentor and uplevel work across other designers and teams
- Work closely with the executive team to ensure projects meet strategic goals
Some projects you could work on:
- Improving FigJam’s suite of meeting features
- Updating and adding value to Figma’s collaborative tools
- Empowering developers to build design systems more easily
- Developing new user education and onboarding across Figma’s products
- Establishing clear frameworks for new strategic opportunities
- Defining new greenfield features and patterns for FigJam
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience as a professional designer (please apply to early career roles if not)
- You leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- Can work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, yet also crave healthy feedback loops with your ideas
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Value high-quality, well-crafted visual and interaction design and care about the details
- Are generative and enjoy coming up with novel, but simple solutions
At Figma, one of our values is “Grow as you go.” We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Design team process (+ recording)
- Design team trading cards
- Hiring approach slides (+ recording)
- Design team critiques (+ recording)
- Podcast playlist featuring Figma team members
- Investing in Figma: The decade of design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software design startup Figma is now worth $10 billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.