As a Product Designer at Weedmaps, you will create intuitive design solutions for native and web products that serve millions of users worldwide. This role will work closely with product owners, designers, and engineers to see products and features through from concept to implementation. Bringing solutions to the table early in the product development cycle and anticipating the areas that design can solve problems.
You’ll be creating user flows, wireframes, pixel perfect comps, interactive prototypes, and know how to best use these tools to properly communicate your vision using a strong understanding of user-centered design principles. These tools will help you bring solutions to the table early in the product development cycle and anticipate the areas that design can solve problems. You will also be establishing and adding to design systems that touch a variety of products. Must thrive in a highly collaborative and agile product environment and be skilled at selling and defending work while professionally responding to feedback. You should also have an understanding of user testing and research practices to augment the design process. Come be a part of a team of designers & creatives passionate about creating a collaborative and exciting environment while shipping industry changing products. This is a full-time position located in our Irvine office.
The impact you'll make:
- Collaborates with engineering, product, marketing, and other departments to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions.
- Works collaboratively with the product manager on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces. Interactions, and prototypes
- Personally contributes towards squad and chapter goals
- Contributes to the growth of our design system and holistic product experience
- Pair with front-end developers to ensure designs are executed according to spec
- Participates in team reviews/critiques at various stages of the product life cycle
What you've accomplished:
- 3-5 years of professional design experience.
- Advanced design skills in most facets of product design
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing best practices in partnership with product teams.
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Has shipped several products/features over the years and understands what it takes to create awesome products
- Knows how and when to use data to help inform design decisions
- Experience working with design systems
- Can take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail
- Can lead medium-sized projects
- Influences other team members outside his/her own project
- Can clearly communicate design decisions
- Has a good work ethic and attitude towards growing
- A portfolio featuring examples of UI & UX work
Our 2022 Benefits:
- 100% Paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO options through Kaiser and Anthem (California Residents only)
- HDHP with HSA and PPO options offered through Anthem
- Company-paid Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage, up to 1x your salary ($250,000 maximum)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Company- paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.