San Francisco, CA
Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer to help shape the future of our Store Solutions product offering. Our ideal candidate is excited about tackling new, ambitious design problems, leveraging design to drive product direction, and creating tools that people love to use that also help make our food system more sustainable.
About the role
- Evolve and expand the Store Solutions product experience, focusing on creating value for our customers while supporting our mission to reduce food waste
- Run a thoughtful end-to-end design process from user research to high-fidelity prototypes and mockups
- Learn directly from our customers (remotely and in the field) through planning, conducting, and synthesizing generative and evaluative user research
- Collaborate closely with other members of the design team and cross-functional peers and stakeholders to define and realize our product vision
- Coach others on the design team to ensure directional alignment and promote product excellence
- Help to establish and maintain a design language and toolkit that will be used by the entire team and company
Skills and experience
- 8+ years of end-to-end product design experience in an IC capacity, including research, information architecture, interaction, visual design, and prototyping
- Proven track record and portfolio demonstrating the ability to create simple, elegant, and aesthetically successful user experiences that solve complex problems
- Experience developing well thought out visual systems that raise the quality bar and scale easily across teams and use cases
- The ability to self-organize your time and work, identify compelling product opportunities from ambiguity, and drive projects forward from initial concept through launch and beyond
- Strong communication skills, feedback practices (both delivering and soliciting actionable feedback), and experience presenting design solutions to a variety of audiences (executives, external partners, and various internal stakeholders)
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
The above represents the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.