What we do:
We’re investing heavily in our Calm Health initiatives, selling the Calm experience to businesses so they can provide Calm to their employees as a benefit. This is a small, year-old team and it is growing quickly: your contributions will be integral to our success. The Product Designers for the Calm Health team build solutions along this entire business vertical including: generating awareness, supporting sales and renewals, configuring customer accounts, rolling Calm products out to employees, driving employee engagement, and upselling additional Calm offerings.
What you will do:
As our Calm Health offering grows rapidly, applying appropriate design methodologies to match the functionality and outcomes of the projects is key. Carefully balancing quality with efficacy is intrinsic to this role.
In this role, you will become an expert in our users and their needs through research. You will be able to construct big picture customer journeys as well as create designs for specific features. You will design solutions that are reassuring, simple, and valuable to the user.
A great fit for this role will love talking to others about their work in structured and unstructured settings. A person who thinks amazing product and service design ideas can come from anyone in the company and has an open ear to those perspectives. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness accessible to the entire world, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission!
Who you are:
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with interface and user experience design at an enterprise product company
- Executed end-to-end design initiatives for enterprise web products, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering
- Balanced working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel
- Included a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse experience and knowledge amongst your peers to elevate your work and the end product
- Demonstrated care and attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution
- Using design as the primary communication tool for development and decision-making with stakeholders and your engineering and product management peers
- Designing easy-to-use, valuable, human-centered experiences that provide value to buyers, administrators and employee end users
- Must have experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma predominantly. Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable (particularly figma beta tooling)
- Comfortable with different software development platforms and tools. We currently use JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with user research, information architecture, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping
- Design system centered approach to building experiences. You love creating modular and smart interfaces that reduce complexity and fragmentation
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Translating high-level, sometimes highly technical requirements into interaction flows and artifacts that support the implementation of the end user experience
- It’s a plus if your previous experience includes working on a B2B2C product or service
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.