Product Design Manager
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Learn more about how we're evolving Reddit's workforce here.
Our mission is to create brand new products and business models that deepen conversation, community, and connection on Reddit. We believe the Internet was meant to be a frontier — a land of possibility, freedom, and creativity. We want to put people back in control. To do so, we created an X team. Now’s your chance to join a world-class team and help us build a better future for online communities and the Internet as a whole.
As a Product Design Manager for the X team, you will apply your passion to guide our design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other Design, Product and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Reddit’s products. This role is for a leader who participates and executes on a vision and strategy, scales their impact by empowering other designers on the team, leads the delivery of and is a key contributor to design artifacts.
What You’ll Do
- Aesthetic and Functional innovation – you will introduce innovation into every project you manage, thinking of new ways to create unique designs that have meaningful impacts on users.
- Team management – since you manage a team of multiple designers, you should be able to manage and resolve conflict between individual team members and between different teams
- Leadership – you are a good leader who is able to deliver clear feedback to your team members
- Deadline management – you ensure team and project deadlines are met
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of Product Designers. Provide thought leadership across diverse products on the platform.
- Build relationships with leaders to implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Bring a deep expertise in Design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research).
- Think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details.
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity.
- Proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step.
- Develop processes and Identify opportunities for improvements that drive quality and efficiency to help designers accomplish more than what they could otherwise.
- Identify product features and influence business strategy based on an accurate understanding of the needs and expectations of our users, customers, and partners.
What We Can Expect From You
- A role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers: You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of.
- Design managers are artistic and creative, familiar with design quality and the strategies involved in creating good designs.
- Wise decision maker and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile).
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information.
- Strong communication skills as the position requires working closely with other leaders in engineering, product, and presenting to executive sponsors.
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user.
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.