Product Design Manager
Vanta is on a mission to secure the internet and protect consumer data. Before Vanta, companies were stuck in a perpetual cycle of having to make the feature vs compliance and security tradeoff. They had to engage with costly auditors that took hundreds of hour of valuable company-building time, spending hours aggregating data instead of working on making their software better.
Vanta has lowered the barrier for companies to become secure and compliant, especially SMBs. Our challenge is to enable B2B companies to remain continuously secure and compliant with an ever decreasing amount of effort. That means helping our customers understand what good security looks like for them, helping them become secure as their business and products change, and helping them prove their compliance and security so that they can grow their business.
As our Design Manager, you’ll grow and support a team of highly talented and passionate Product Designers during a period of rapid growth at Vanta. You’ll be a thought-leader in shaping our Design practice as we continue to scale, impacting our design methodology, and building an inclusive and creative team with a strong culture of feedback and execution.
- Manage and mentor a growing team of high performing Product Desginers, providing them the expertise, coaching, and support needed to perform at their best
- Evolve the Design team playbook by developing and implementing best practices in design process, rituals and execution
- Grow the Design team at Vanta, through leading recruitment and on-boarding of new Product Designers
- Establish strong partnership with Product and Engineering that instills a stong sense of joint ownership and effective collaboration
- Partner with the Head of Design to create a high-performing and energized product design team
- Have several years of experience as a design manager with a track record of successful teams
- Have several years of experience with hands-on product design but comfortable in a hands-off role
- Have a passion for mentoring product designers and their collaborators with an empowering, inclusive personal style
- Enjoy working through challenges arising on product teams and guiding them to partner on good outcomes
- Bring your personal, unique contribution to establishing a vibrant, inclusive design culture within Vanta
- Partner with other design leaders on strategic planning and to continuously improve the Design organization
We offer competitive benefits, as you may expect:
- INDUSTRY-COMPETITIVE SALARY AND EQUITY
- MEDICAL (MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH), DENTAL, AND VISION BENEFITS
- PAID PARENTAL LEAVE FOR ALL PARENTS
- 401(K) PLAN
- FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
- ERGONOMICALLY-FRIENDLY WORKSPACE EQUIPMENT
- OPEN PAID-TIME-OFF POLICY AND 10 COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- GENEROUS MONTHLY STIPEND FOR COMMUTE TO OUR SF OFFICE
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOCUSED COMPANY ACTIVITIES
Beyond these table stakes, our greatest benefit may be the opportunity to build a fundamental internet infrastructure: how a business becomes trustworthy and then proves its reliability.