Product Design Manager
PostscriptRemote, Anywhere in North America7 days ago
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
Postscript is building a world-class Design team and we’re hiring exceptional Product Design Managers to guide us. As a Product Design Manager, you will lead 1-2 product Design teams, including setting the design vision and building the team to implement it. You will coach designers to do their best work and provide design support yourself as time and projects allow. You will lead your teams to design beautiful, functional solutions that align to business goals, all while giving them a high degree of autonomy and empowerment. As an early member of the rapidly growing Design team, you will be a key contributor to our Design System, our Design Processes, and our company. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Develop a holistic design vision for your assigned products. Understand systems and flows, and prioritize design improvements to yield the maximum customer impact in the shortest amount of time. Use data to support your decision-making process.
- Motivate and inspire all key stakeholders with your design vision
- Build and manage an engaged Product design team. Recruit and onboard exceptional talent. Provide ongoing coaching and development.
- Provide design support to product teams when needed. Activities will likely include problem definition, user flow examples, component usage, content and verbiage, and QA (visual and technical)
- Be an active participant in Product and Brand design critiques. Be a proactive, collaborative leader within the design, product & engineering teams
- Ensure that your assigned team(s) continually ship code and solutions in line with timing expectations and goals. Iterate quickly, live by the core value of 80/20, and push your team(s) to effectively increase throughput
- Regularly lead customer interviews and engage with Postscript’s customer-facing teams. Develop customer profiles and accurately define customer problems. Share this knowledge and use it to actively guide your design efforts
- Utilize Postscript’s Design System and actively contribute to improvements
- Suggest and implement improvements to Postscript’s Design process. Brainstorm with other members of the Design team
What We’ll Love About You
- Multiple years proven SaaS product design management experience
- Strong design skills (including stellar online portfolio that showcases your work, or work from teams you’ve managed)
- Familiarity with ecommerce design
- Demonstrated cross-functional management experience
- Experience with HTML/CSS preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.