Product Design Lead
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to lead our accessibility and inclusive design initiatives. This role will help ensure that Grammarly can deliver our promise to users of all abilities and backgrounds. As part of Grammarly Design, the person in this role will have an opportunity to shape how Grammarly implements accessibility across the organization. As part of our Design System team, they will have impact across all the products and interfaces offered by Grammarly.
This role will focus on establishing our accessibility roadmap, acting as the resident expert for our Design, Product, and Engineering teams. This person will also work with the Design Manager for Design Systems and Infrastructure, as well as with other leaders, to build a team that will help deliver on our mission.
As Product Design Lead, Accessibility, you will spearhead the effort for the design organization to become Grammarly’s go-to authority on inclusive design and accessibility compliance. You will audit our current state across all products and interfaces, set a vision and a strategy for where we need to be, and collaborate with the Design team leadership to build and grow a team of talented designers who are passionate about accessibility and inclusivity.
In this strategic role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Design System and Product teams to assess Grammarly’s current capabilities in the accessibility field.
- Collaborate with leaders of the Design, Product, and Engineering teams to establish an accessibility roadmap for our users.
- Collaborate with the Design Manager for Client Applications and the Design team leadership to set our strategic approach to accessibility.
- Participate in design-review meetings to provide ongoing feedback on new and existing features.
- Consult with the Design, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure accessibility and inclusivity are baked into our designs from the beginning.
- Build and lead a team of Product Designers focusing on accessibility.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is a system thinker who naturally considers implications across our product ecosystem.
- Leads by example through an inclusive process, facilitates conversations, and builds relationships.
- Inspires and mentors colleagues, sharing processes, skills, and experience to level up the team.
- Has 5+ years of in-house experience with digital accessibility tech, design solutions, and policy.
- Has 10+ years of experience in a design role.
- Has delivered on complex products, preferably on both the consumer and enterprise side.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.