Product Design Lead
At Slab, we believe that knowledge is the foundation of any organization's success. When a team's collective knowledge is accessible, that team's potential is limitless. That's why we're making the workplace a source of learning and purpose through knowledge-sharing. Our product helps teams easily create, organize, and discover knowledge across the entire company, from non-technical to tech-savvy. Thousands of customers rely on Slab across their entire workforces, including Asana, Fivetran, and Vox Media.
In this role, you'll work directly with our founders to create highly functional yet minimalistic and delightful solutions to real user needs. As a small product-focused company, you'll work with a team of experienced engineers that can bring your designs to life. In a distributed and asynchronous world, we're building a foundational piece of the new digital workplace and delivering it with craftsmanship and user delight.
- Create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces
- Use and advance our internal design system, processes, and standards
- Deliver high-fidelity and responsive design specifications
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation
- Conceptualize product solutions that balance vision, craft, and business impact
- Contribute to overall product and design direction of the company
Sounds Like You?
- 5+ years of experience designing interactive and responsive web applications
- Strong understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
- Passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to UX, UI and interaction challenges
- Ability to think through complex challenges and devise simple solutions
- Excellent visual, UI and interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Value:
- Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
- Full health insurance (USA) or stipend (International)
- Wellness & remote work stipends
- $5k workspace setup, renewed biannually
- 7-year options exercise window
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.