Product Design Lead
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures.
As Nova Credit’s Product Design Lead you will help establish the company’s overall design direction. You will work collaboratively across the organization to visualize business and user goals through the design of features and experiences that serve the millions of newcomers seeking to establish themselves in the US each year. You will make a monumental impact on the company’s design and its users.
We have offices in SF/NYC; however, remote candidates, within the continental U.S., are welcome to apply.
- Design user-friendly products that can scale and meet business goals
- Communicate and present design decisions and processes clearly and succinctly
- Apply user insights and revenue-driven data in product design to make business impact
- Be an advocate and mentor for other designers in their career development
Within the first month you'll
- Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the Nova Credit suite of products - including our consumer and customer-facing application experiences across the Credit Passport and Cash Atlas product lines
- Get acclimated to our current design system, and suggest improvements where you see fit
- Begin to manage and grow the product design function
Within the first quarter you'll
- Become an industry expert who can advise current lending customers across multiple verticals about their overall qualification and application experiences
- Act as the key partner of prioritization and execution with our product management and engineering functions across a wide range of requests: from revamping our consumer onboarding flow to redesigning how lending institutions use underwriting tools
- Improve, iterate on, and maintain Nova Credit’s design system, resulting in better consistency between products and improving developer velocity
Within the first year you'll
- Develop the user journey for a historic platform of products and services that drive financial inclusion within the US and across the globe
- Build and manage a team of product designers across our multiple product lines
- Help to drive $MM in ARR for the organization by working in both B2B and D2C spaces, and converting our highest value consumers across multiple verticals
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in product design, with deep experience in end-to-end product development
- A portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of both UX and UI work
- Skillful at creating high fidelity mockups using the latest design tools (e.g. Figma)
- An ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team including product, engineering, consumer insights, customer success, and marketing
- A passion for visual and interaction design systems, and an ability to understand the big picture while still sweating the details
- The strength to work independently and make forward progress by proactively identifying blockers and seeking out ways to overcome them
- Expertise in designing for a multi-sided marketplace, preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience managing product designers of varying experience levels
- Conceptual understanding of popular front-end frameworks like React
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.