Product Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is looking for a creative self-starter with solid news judgment and a passion for product PR to join our small but growing global communications team. The product communications manager will guide the strategy and lead the execution of Figma’s product PR efforts in the U.S. and globally.
This role will report to the director of communications and be responsible for bringing sustained focus and expertise to Figma’s product PR efforts. The ideal candidate will work with partners in comms, content, community, PMM and product to craft big-picture campaigns and one-off pitches that drive awareness for Figma’s products globally.
This is a new position in a fast-growing company described by Forbes as “design’s hottest startup,” so the right person will have the opportunity to shape and run with it. In fact, they will be expected to.
Previous and proven experience in enterprise product PR is a big plus. As a company that helps teams build things together, we will prioritize candidates who’ve shown they’re capable of thinking creatively, working collaboratively, and moving mountains to get things done.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs (SF or NY) or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Help shape Figma’s global product PR strategy from concept to execution. This includes everything from refining our messaging to running executive briefings to crafting big-picture campaigns and writing one-off story pitches.
- Work with cross-functional partners to help the press and product teams understand why Figma is the design platform for teams that build products together.
- Work with our product and PMM teams to identify breakthrough stories and trends that differentiate Figma’s design and whiteboard products in the eyes of the press and potential customers.
- Identify, develop and deepen relationships with reporters at high-priority publications. You’ll be expected to spend a significant amount of time scanning the news and finding the right reporters to pitch for a steady stream of story placements.
- Serve as the domain expert for all things product PR at Figma. We partner with agencies around the globe to help tell Figma’s story. As a key member of our team, you’ll be expected to work closely with fellow Figmates and agency partners to help drive results.
- Grow. As the fourth hire on our global comms and PR team, you’ll be expected to stretch yourself and own your development, with the goal of growing your leadership within the broader marketing team and the company as a whole.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have at least 5-8 years of experience working on the front lines of product PR at enterprise/b2b companies
- Have a proven record building product PR programs from scratch. If you have a knack for landing product reviews and leading press for product launches, this could be the role for you.
- Are a quick learner with a knack for breaking down complex concepts. Bonus points if you can wonk out on design, software development and/or cloud-native applications.
- Are comfortable working in fast-growing, fast-paced companies where “figuring it out” is more important than “sticking to the process,” especially when a process doesn’t exist.
- Have a passion for creative storytelling and an aversion for cookie-cutter PR tactics. You won’t find press releases at Figma. We’re looking for unexpected ways to break through.
- Believe the best way to get things done is together. Our company, like our product, is focused on collaboration. We challenge each other, and we respect each other.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.