We are seeking a dynamic analyst to contribute to A/B test implementation across our web and mobile platforms. In this role you will influence almost every aspect of the testing lifecycle from planning to reporting. Key responsibilities include managing test requests, conducting data analysis to inform test planning, and designing data pipelines to extract and report on key test metrics. You will also collaborate with our product and engineering teams to drive ongoing process improvements. Your work will significantly impact core company goals to develop new products, optimize the user experience, and grow our subscriber base.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute many aspects of A/B product testing (split and multivariate), including:
- Gather testing requirements from internal collaborators and communicate timelines, expectations, and planned output to business partners.
- Conduct background research and data analysis needed to execute proposed AB tests. For example, you may calculate historical traffic across key user segments to inform sampling strategy.
- Plan and implement robust data pipelines to store and report on key test metrics.
- Create and maintain data dashboards and other visual reporting of test results.
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure test data are collected appropriately.
- Partner with Data Science to analyze test results and provide statistically rigorous recommendations based on findings.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a quantitative field. (Statistics or a related field preferred.)
- 2+ years’ experience working in product analytics or testing. (Experience with media and/or subscription-based products is a plus.)
- Familiarity with applied statistics and testing concepts (e.g., sampling strategies, statistical significance and confidence intervals)
- Demonstrated experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Power BI) to create intuitive data visualizations
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Proficiency with Google Analytics or a similar web analytics tool
- Experience with a modern data warehouse platform (e.g., Snowflake, Athena, Redshift, Hive)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- (Desired) Experience with A/B test implementation in an industry setting.
This position is eligible for remote working.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.