Producer, Creative Services
WSFL, The Scripps CW station in Miami, FL is hiring a Creative Services Producer! The Creative Services Producer is responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance, and station sponsorship spots.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conceptualize, write and edit on-air promotional spots for news, programming, web and special projects using multiple platforms
- Works closely with reporters and management staff on story development and promotional script ideas
- Organize promotion projects
- Interact with and respond to social media audiences
- Analyze rundowns to coordinate the best on-air, social and digital marketing materials
- Provide analysis for digital audience engagement and review
- Track monthly analytics on all current social/digital platforms. Provide ways to optimize platform growth
- Work closely with the team on story development and promotional script ideas
- Work closely with affiliates to support programming on air and online
- Perform other duties as needed by management
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High School diploma (or GED) required. Bachelors degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience of writing or editing in local broadcast preferred
- At least two (2) years professional broadcasting marketing/promotions/creative services experiences required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge of social media maintenance
- Understanding of media audience ratings
- Working knowledge of current creative suite for product development
- Superb attention to detail, time management skills, and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of post production television editing suites, with emphasis on Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with camera, audio and light equipment
- Working knowledge of MAC systems
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.