As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CHEMISTRY AND THE WORLD
- From the frontline to the back office, every Chemours employee is part of something bigger than themselves as together we work to create a better world through the power of our chemistry.
- Chemours is a $6.3 billion company with a portfolio of products and processes that enable technologies and products that people use every day in their lives. From cellular phones to lower emission vehicles, to 5G communications and clean energy from hydrogen, we’re collaborating with customers to make these innovations more capable. Simply said, we use our chemistry to change lives, shape markets, and redefine industries—one improvement at a time.
- The Chemours Washington Works facility located in Parkersburg, West Virginia currently has a Process Engineer position open. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the lant Utilities Team. This position will report to the Plant Utilities Manufacturing Technology Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
This role will have engineering responsibilities for maintaining continuous operation of several site utilities, developing and implementing plans for utility capacity expansion, supporting the areas EHS, Cost & Reliability goals.
The Plant Utilities Environmental Process Engineer will specifically support chemical & biological processing of chemical wastes, transport of waste for thermal destruction, performance monitoring and documentation for multiple regulations and permits (Title V, etc), and back-up support for other utilities including steam, demineralized water, nitrogen and natural gas.
Specific activities in the job scope include:
- Act as a lead Process Engineering resource.
- Recommends and implements solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Design and conduct process improvement tests in the plant
- Leads and participate in Capital Programs to upgrade equipment.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting, as needed.
- Leads and participates in Incident Investigations.
- Leads and Participates in Process Hazards Analyses.
- Travel requirements are <10%.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering, Biology or another relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical equipment used in a Chemical Plant (i.e. pumps, compressors, piping, valves, boilers, etc.).
- Superior Oral and Written skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hard hat, Nomex, eye protection, respirators, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA 1910 (Process Safety Management).
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- Certified Waste Water Operator
- 2+ years of engineering experience in an Industrial Process.
- Experience with activated sludge wastewater treatment processing
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring equipment and instrumentation such as pH, flow measurement, total organic carbon analyzers, etc.
- Knowledge of Title V and NPDES regulation
- Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) Certification.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
We’re a different kind of chemistry company because we see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it—by taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture. Our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves, at Chemours and in life. And we’re proud to be Certified™ by Great Place to Work®.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Jurisdictions may have additional grounds for non-discrimination, and we comply with all applicable laws.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
- Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
- Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
- In our pursuit to be the greatest place to work, we know that a critical element to enhancing our employee experience is to assure we’re operating with a solid foundation of trust. At Chemours, this means being transparent about how we pay our employees for the work that they do.
Pay Range (in local currency):
$81,715.00 - $127,680.00
Annual Bonus Target:
6%The pay range and incentives listed above is a general guideline based on the primary location of this job only and not a guarantee of total compensation. Factors considered in extending a compensation offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, and alignment with market data. The incentive pay is dependent on business results and individual performance and subject to the terms and conditions of the specific plans.
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living Chemistry."