Principal Software Engineer
Owned by Jeff Bezos, Arc XP (https://www.arcxp.com/) is a state-of-the-art digital experience platform engineered to meet the demands of enterprise brands and media and entertainment companies around the world. An integrated ecosystem of cloud-based tools, Arc helps create and distribute content, drive digital commerce, and deliver powerful multi-channel experiences to both internal and external audiences. Today, Arc powers more than 1,400 sites across 23 countries, reaching over 1.5 billion unique monthly visitors.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All our software teams use dev-ops principles to deliver and maintain products. Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to join our media asset management team to drive forward our next generation video processing, authoring and delivery architecture.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking point on the API design and implementation of our greenfield video authoring services (built on Spring Boot, AWS Elemental Services, and Temporal)
- Working closely with front-end engineers to ensure our service interfaces are clean and easy to consume
- Monitoring the performance and correctness of our backend services in production using tools like DataDog and Splunk
- Advocating for coding best practices like effective unit-testing
- 5+ years experience building customer-facing web applications.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Experience with event-processing systems and streaming or messaging technologies, like Kafka, or SNS/SQS.
- Experience operating high-traffic applications to the public cloud.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Photo and Video applications, especially AWS Elemental services
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance.
- Experience with operating web applications in production, especially serving in an on-call rotation.
- Experience managing infrastructure through code (we use CloudFormation)
- Experience building workflows using Cadence or Temporal
Our Tech Stack
Here’s the tech we’re actively building with (we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of this):
- Backend Languages and Frameworks:
- Java + Spring Boot
- TypeScript + AWS Lambda
- Database: MongoDB
- Event Messaging:
- AWS SNS+SQS
- Workflow Orchestration: Temporal
- Cloud Provider: AWS (especially the AWS Elemental Services)
- Frontend: React
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.