Principal Software Engineer
Chime is looking for a Principal Engineer to develop technology platforms that scales to support the company's rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to be a principal technical leader of a new team. In This role, you will lead architecture and provide technical guidance to a team that is building new risk and support capabilities, including Chime’s first network graph. This group has ambitious goals of supporting the needs of millions of customers transacting billions of transactions which feed into compliance, analytics, risk and third party systems - supported by a high availability, cloud-based architecture.
As the team grows, you will serve as a mentor, leading others in designing elegant code and cloud-native architecture that scales to meet Chime's growing needs. You will work across and with teams at Chime to ensure that the platform works seamlessly for the product's needs, and with our partners to ensure they meet ours.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $273,600 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work with engineering and product leadership to architect a durable platform
- Design, develop, test, and scale new platform capabilities
- Deliver secure, reliable, and high-performance infrastructure and APIs
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks in our software infrastructure
- Write and guide engineers to produce elegant, scalable code, owning new features top-to-bottom
- Mentor and guide a team of engineers
- Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Contribute to the company-level discovery, vetting and decision-making on critical architecture and technology
To thrive in this role, you have
- 10+ years of experience in backend/enterprise application development
- Previously architected and evolved high-scale platform solutions
- Strong competency in distributed systems, event-driven patterns, streaming, high availability design
- Expert knowledge of public cloud and cloud-native architecture
- Strong knowledge of polyglot persistence strategies and data governance
- Language and technology stack-agnostic mindset
- Ability to work in agile setting
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.