Principal SEO Specialist
What You’ll Do
- Analyzes, reviews and implements changes to the online bank web properties so they are optimized for search engines. This means maximizing the traffic to a site by improving page rank within search engines. Ideal candidate will be a problem solver and decision maker, with the ability to prioritize and develop relevant and engaging content.
- The role of a search engine optimization (SEO) specialist is ever-changing, as the trends and algorithms of online search constantly evolve, so, it is important for an SEO Specialist to be able to think on their feet and stay ahead of these changes.
- Be willing to keep abreast of industry innovations and trends.
- This role will have a strong focus on technical SEO and will partner with our content team on overall SEO strategy.
- In addition to SEO, this role will support the technical implementation of analytics and marketing tags as well as supporting our MarTech stack of products which have impacts on page load speed and SEO.
How You’ll Do It
- Lead and develop on-page and technical SEO strategies to drive significant increases in organic search traffic to the site resulting in measurable growth across all relevant KPIs
- Work closely with other business areas and site experience teams to optimize web pages and site architecture for SEO
- Provide performance-based forecasts and report against goals
- Proactive ideation, addressing key SEO focus areas – site speed, caching, keyword rank & expansion, content gap and competitive analysis
- Build foundational relationships across key stakeholders including CRO, UX, technology, paid search and product teams
- Manage individual contributors and department projects. Manage vendors, billing, contracts and budgets
- Create opportunities for search by optimizing web pages for mobile experience and site speed
- Implement 1st and 3rd party marketing tags in alignment with best practices around page load speed and SEO
- Support AB testing with the implementation of Adobe Target scripts and validation that all tests are adhering to SEO best practices
- Provide analysis & SEO recommendations to the editorial & content marketing teams within the online banking team
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or Business
- 6+ years’ experience with Digital marketing, UX, paid search, display, content marketing or related
- 4+ years SEO
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Digital marketing, UX, paid search, display, content marketing or related including SEO Experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Analytics and ability to build reports in Workspace
- Experience working within a tag manager and mapping in data layer elements
Bonus Points If You Have
- 1+ years’ of People Management experience
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Target and Adobe Launch.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.