Principal Product Manager
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Principal Product Manager to join our Digital Product team.
We believe in being intentional about our approach to modern work. Our hybrid model drives our commitment to fostering an environment that empowers, enables and supports our workforce to do their best work with in-person moments that matter. This role reports to the VP of Digital Product and will require a weekly in-office presence on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Own, define, and drive cohesive, comprehensive and compelling product vision and strategy for a domain
- Connect the dots between multiple business goals, user needs, market trends, and new or relevant digital technologies across devices and channels to build forward-thinking solutions that drive customer loyalty and/or operational efficiencies
- Partner with the VP of Digital Product and the Chief Digital Officer to set and manage expectations of senior leaders and business partners across the organization
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, and key stakeholders like Creative, E-commerce, Customer Support, Brand, and Merchandising teams to create cohesive and engaging user experiences and the systems that support them
- Drive product development from conceptualization through design, development, launch, and post-launch
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative data into product decision making
- Define and track metrics to assess success and failure of projects, while ensuring the team and stakeholders are aligned on goals
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Help mentor and demonstrate skills to assist the growth and maturation of the Product Management team.
Who you are:
- 10-15 years digital product management experience
- 3 years digital product management in consumer facing e-commerce products and platforms
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative. Someone who can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- An advocate for the customer and their experience on our site, leveraging data and research to ensure we are addressing their needs and solving their problems
- Adept at using analytics tools to measure impact and surface valuable insights
- Experience in large-scale enterprise-wide projects that include implementing or enhancing internal tools and customer-facing experiences
- Nimble and flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- Comfortable making difficult decisions and being accountable for them.
- You’re good at working with and through ambiguity to solve complex problems
- You’re a self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously, with no fear of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a challenge
- Someone who is proud of their past launches and the customer and business impact they had
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards program that also includes benefits, bonus, equity and various social and professional investment opportunities at Away. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Away employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Away to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary Range: $200,000 - $210,000 annually/hourly
- This role is eligible to participate in Away’s Annual Company Performance Bonus Plan, the terms of which are determined on an annual basis at the discretion of the company
- Equity Grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company
- Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible spending, health savings and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal well being, volunteer, paid holidays, floating holidays, bereavement and jury duty)
- Paid Parental Leave, Short & Long-term disability
- Product stipends and recognition awards