Principal Experience Designer
The SAP Design team defines the core design systems for SAP’s products, partnering with design teams across all SAP solution areas. We have dramatically simplified our user experience with SAP Fiori (https://experience.sap.com/fiori) and expanded the SAP Fiori design system across multiple design languages for web, iOS, Android and conversational experiences. We are now looking for you as a passionate designer to join us in thriving for best-in-class enterprise UX and making a significant contribution to the evolution of our SAP Fiori for iOS and Android mobile design languages. We are on a mission to redefine the user experience of SAP’s mobile applications and you can join SAP Design in driving this transition. We are an international design team of more than 100 designers, working in the center of SAP, operating across organizational boundaries and with touchpoints to all continents, cultures and product areas.
As a Principal Experience Designer in the mobile design system team, you will drive important initiatives and lead to define UX concepts for consumer-grade iOS/Android applications and SAP’s business users. You are a strong team player and know how to lead projects from ideas to quality outcomes. You are leveraging your deep mobile design expertise to create delightful mobile experiences, high performing mobile solutions, and customer lifetime value.
You ensure the impact of your design system work by partnering closely with application and development teams across SAP. You are eager to gather feedback and expose concepts and designs to customers and end users for research and validation.
You are passionate about design and continuously broadening your skillset on design methodologies, technologies, upcoming trends, and business scenarios. You are eager to nurture the growth of early design talents e.g. through mentorships and encouraging feedback during projects. You work very close with the management team to foster a trustful and creative work environment with clear structures and values.
- 8+ years of professional experience in application or system design for software solutions
- A stunning design portfolio that displays a spectrum of creative design solutions
- Proven track record in user experience design for mobile applications and/or design systems
- Deep expertise in mobile design for Apple iOS or Google Android
- Proven track record of leading design initiatives and driving software development
- Proficiency in working with management and executives to translate business strategies into tangible design solutions
- Strong ability to drive user research and run user-centric design methodologies
- Ability to create progressive design solutions and delightful experiences that meet end user requirements
- Strong design craft in visual, motion and interaction design
- Business domain knowledge (e.g. Finance, HR, CRM..) is a plus
- Prototyping skills (iOS, Android) are a plus
- Management experience is a plus
- Experience and motivation to work in a diverse and global organization
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Palo Alto, CA preferred
- Remote/Virtual US