Principal, Contract Administrator
Sabre is looking to hire a Principal, Contract Administrator reporting directly to the Manager of Agency Contracts for the Americas. This role will serve on the team of contract partners within the Legal department that supports Agency customers within the Travel Solutions business unit.
- Independently and accurately interprets complex business needs and translates them into clear and concise contract language and business system requirements
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating non-standard agreements in collaboration with specialized legal team members (such as SaaS, Data Privacy, and other highly negotiated documents).
- Autonomously drives Contract solutioning before and during the deal review process
- Collaborates with and coaches the Sales organization and other functional teams to support the negotiation and signature of the Travel Solutions customer agreements
- Acts as a liaison between a wide range of stakeholder teams, both internal and external, to resolve challenging issues that have wide ranging legal, technical, and operational implications. Able to apply robust discernment regarding when and how to engage legal, security and intellectual property resources.
- Provides broad based legal support services to management and in-house counsel in the form of coordinating and conducting legal research (including discovery requests),
- Drives the Contract workstreams associated with cross-functional business projects and special programs, including drafting amendments, reviewing business communications, and aiding internal systems support and maintenance.
- Works with contracts team members and other stakeholders to implement new agreements and strategic corporate programs, including writing business requirements, testing, training and automation.
Education: Bachelor's degree, professional degree or equivalent. MBA or JD/law focus a strong plus.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant contract management proven experience, including contract drafting and negotiation experience,
- Fast learner; capable of tactfully and diligently navigating business challenges where the path or solution is highly ambiguous.
- Superior command of the English language, both written and spoken word; has the ability to problem solve with words and to write in a manner that is clear, concise and conveys intended meaning
- Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical skills; capable of tying together complex ideas and assessing financial models
- Ability to work autonomously; self-starter who takes ownership of results and is able to juggle a wide range of priorities, including projects beyond core responsibilities
- Experience in a fast-paced, global organization; willing to be flexible and able to function with ambiguity; comfortable navigating change
- Experience writing business specifications/requirements and communicating effectively with technical staff to ensure successful system development
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills; works openly and collaboratively in order to be effective and have high impact working with team members all levels
- Exhibits robust and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates an enterprise mindset while being able to focus on details; ensures their work supports the needs of the broader business will minimizing risk
- Outstanding skills in MS Office suite; willing and able to learn new tool sets
- Other language skills are a plus
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW