Primers Internship Program
PPG Primers is a highly selective program with a primary goal of developing PPG’s future leaders. The program starts with Primers, a freshman focused program giving selected students the opportunity to build professional skills and engage with top leaders in PPG’s businesses. This multi-day program is held once a year at our global headquarters in Pittsburgh or on a virtual platform.
PPG Prime Internships
Selected students from Primers will be able to choose an internship or co-op track giving them the opportunity to assume real responsibilities and gain work experience. Within each of our different businesses, participants are given challenging work projects designed to expose students to different opportunities and stretch their academic knowledge. Each rotation will feature a different business leaders who will oversee your progress and development throughout the program to help support your personal and professional growth.
Tracks could include rotations focused in:
- Research & Development
Not finding what you are looking for? The PPG Primers Internship program hires an array of interns each year – search ‘Primers’ on PPG Careers.
Selection Criteria for PPG Primers
Candidates will be evaluated and selected on the basis of academic performance, demonstrated leadership potential, communication skills, relocation availability and interest in a career in manufacturing.
To qualify for the Primers program, students must be a first year student enrolled and focused in one of these academic programs:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- General Engineering
- Materials Science/Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- As a full-time undergraduate student, maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Ability to relocate for each rotation and work a minimum of 10 weeks in each rotation.
- Be a citizen of U.S. or possess authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- To continue within the program, students must maintain enrollment in one of the above listed programs and keep the GPA requirement.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
The PPG Way - Every single day at PPG:
- We partner with customers to create mutual value.
- We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
- We are “One PPG” to the world.
- We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
- We trust our people every day, in every way.
- We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
- We make it happen.
- We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
- We run it like we own it.
- We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
- We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
- We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.