Premium Customer Service Coordinator
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
The Premium Customer Services Coordinator (PCSC) will be responsible for the overall performance within the PCSC work area. In addition, the PCSC is a working member of the Premium Customer Services Group. PCSCs may be required to lead and direct the work of other employees
What you'll do
- Providing verbal coaching to employees related to their performance
- Providing verbal and/or written input to management regarding the overall or individual employee performance of the workforce within their work area
- Temporarily resolving extreme personnel emergencies when management is not present or available, to include sending employees home pending management investigation and action
- Performing reasonable and customary administrative duties
- Premium Customer Services instruction and training of employees
- Resolving customer complaints and performing any other airport work where so directed
- The supervisor and administrative responsibilities of PCSCs listed above are also performed by other Company employees
- The PCSC may serve as the primary manager delegate and shares responsibility for the overall performance of the department in conjunction with the department leader
- The Premium Customer Services Group is responsible for servicing premium customers (ConciergeKey, Five Star Service, Executive Services and International Premium) and lounge guests at Admirals Club lounges, Flagship Lounges, Flagship Check-In locations, business centers or other areas within the airports established to service the Company’s premium customers
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Actively demonstrate extraordinary customer service and customer engagement in an environment of hospitality
- Ability to work under pressure, handle a multitude of projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail and customer service
- Excellent salesmanship skills/interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and public contact
- Service-oriented and self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
- Able to attend training classes in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership, initiative and judgment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
- Able to lead and motivate employees in working as a team
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.