PR & Communications Manager
Buck Mason is seeking a strategic and creative communications manager with taste for days to help tell our story. You are a storyteller with the ability to see around corners. The right candidate has a merchandising mind and is obsessed with mens and womenswear and understands retail and an omni-channel strategy. You’ll be responsible for leading and executing our outward PR strategies and plans that promote key product and brand initiatives and promote the business and its Founder’s image and reputation.
Success will be measured by the ability to hit our growth and revenue targets while telling cohesive Brand and product stories and deepening customer affinity. You’ve got great experience with an apparel brand under your belt, you’ve told stories, now you want to tell Buck’s. We’ve got the tools and the team to support you. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and do the work, here’s the autonomy you’ve always wanted, go do the thing.
- Work with global marketing calendar to build and execute a full year communications plan across all channels
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential folks important to the Brand
- Develop close working relationships with Founders to ensure alignment on a shared vision and roadmap for bringing it to life
- Execute events and create community building strategies in each localized retail market
- Work closely with Product team to influence merchandising roadmap with growth opportunities
- Serve as a vital partner and collaborator, ensuring communications has a seat at the table, while continuously identifying the most compelling storytelling opportunities
- Drive innovation on communications strategy beyond traditional media for both external and internal audiences
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and leadership in navigating and cultivating relationships internally and externally
- Meaningfully partner within the Marketing, Design, Retail, and Merchandising Teams on a multitude of integrated marketing campaigns, spanning brand marketing, creative, partnerships, events, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with influencers across different social channels (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook etc.)
- Researching and identifying influencers for multiple programs/product campaigns
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a public relations and/or communications role, preferably a mix of agency and in-house settings; public company and e-commerce/DTC company experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience developing and driving growth strategies
- Business acumen with a deep understanding of brand building and reputation management
- Action-oriented, growth mindset
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers at all levels of the organization
- Deep media relationships in the women's apparel/fashion space
- Experience developing and refining robust reporting functions that include trend spotting, success metrics and competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field preferred.
What we can offer
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental & vision Insurance
- Fitness & wellness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan with Company matching
- Clothing allowances
Sasha Koehn and Erik Allen founded Buck Mason in 2013 to simplify the American wardrobe. Meeting as neighbors in Venice Beach, they started designing and selling clothes out of a small studio off Abbot Kinney Boulevard. Sasha built the website and Erik created the brand’s first collection of jeans and tees. Taking an architectural approach to design, they built each piece to last far beyond a single season. Obsessed with quality, they worked with local mills and factories to create the finest fabrics down to the thread. Today, Buck Mason offers a broad range of clothing and accessories with a continued commitment to making high-quality, modern American classics.