TEDNew York, NY17 days ago
TED is seeking an experienced Post Production Supervisor to join the Video Production team. The role oversees the content pipeline from talk delivery to publication on TED.com. They are responsible for assigning and scheduling work to staff, freelance video editors, and assistant editors. They excel at making sure the pipeline is running smoothly and efficiently while maintaining good relationships and communication with outside teams. This candidate should be highly organized, able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, understand the needs of the editors, anticipate upcoming projects and work well under various deadlines. This candidate will report to the Director of Video Production.
- Schedule and coordinate Talk edits and audio mixes with in house and freelance editors
- Contribute to and lead weekly post-production edit meetings
- Fulfill external and internal media requests
- Maintain freelance editor pool and relationships
- Maintain clarity of information and good channels of communication with other teams at the organization to ensure that projects are moving forward effectively and efficiently
- 5+ years of experience as a post-production supervisor
- A deep understanding of production and post-production workflows
- Editing experience, including proficiency with Final Cut Pro X and Adobe workflows
- Track record of managing a team, with experience managing employees with different working styles
- Willing to travel 3 times a year to conferences in the US and internationally
This is an independent contractor role with the intention that the successful candidate will become full-time staff 2022.
Salary range $5500-$7500/month