WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a multidisciplinary creative collective striving to make a difference and celebrate culture with bold ideas. Its 700 professionals work as one team from offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, Los Angeles and Seattle. Their mission is to create what matters through brand building, brand expression and brand experience. Its creative community also includes Yard, Digital Kitchen, BIMM and Haigo. Alongside progressive clients, Sid Lee draws on its rich collection of disciplines, from design to data and experiential communication and technology to advertising and architecture, empowering its clients to outperform their competitors, earn the trust of their customers and increase their influence on culture. Sid Lee is a member of kyu, a collective of top-tier global creative companies established by Hakuhodo DY Holdings. Sid Lee also imagined C2 Montréal, one of the largest creative-business conferences in the world.
We are looking for a talented Post-Production Assistant to work in collaboration with our Toronto office. In this active role, the chosen candidate will be given the opportunity to hone their skills and learn the business of building brand campaigns as they support the editors, online artists and motion designers at our post-production studio. The individual will be detail oriented, technically inclined, highly organized, proactive and able to anticipate the needs of the artist as well as the client. Friendliness and an accommodating attitude will be key to the success of this role.
- Day-to-day work will include supporting the post-production team to organize, plan and run each project;
- Liaise with the producers regarding schedules and job details, ensuring that all information on upcoming jobs is complete and accurate;
- Provide accuracy, quality and technical standards of all aspects of the editorial and online sessions as well as the output, delivery and archiving of all final assets.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a post-production environment;
- Experience in managing raw camera media, transcoding, syncing and adding LUTs in Da Vinci Resolve for use in Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer;
- General knowledge of different cameras in the market;
- Proficient with Adobe software, particularly After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere;
- Understanding of Avid Media Composer and Flame would be considered an asset;
- Positive attitude and creative approach to problem-solving;
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness to take direction and to collaborate with others;
- Enjoyment from working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment;
- Passionate about the work and strong willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of all the main social platforms and their respective specs;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written;
- Demo reel or portfolio is considered an asset.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.