Policy & Government Affairs Advisor
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by driving a portfolio of strategic, large-scale public policy initiatives and activities. Leads policy analysis and interpretation for a set of key issues informing the direction of the Company's public policy and government affairs objectives, external engagement, and policy agenda. This position develops and maintains several stakeholder partnerships, manages external policy engagement, and serves as a representative for key public policy issues that support company operations and mission and values. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As an advisor, policy & government affairs, you will…
- Develop and manage a critical portion of the Starbucks public policy portfolio focused on global public policy, sustainability, agriculture and supply chain, food and beverage, and related issues as assigned.
- Cultivate and maintain a portfolio of strategic, large-scale stakeholder partnerships comprised of elected officials and government leaders and policy and civic influencers nationally and globally.
- Manage complex analysis and interpretation of key legislative and regulatory issues at every level of government to support business decisions and strategy.
- Proactively identify and develop large-scale policy strategies, initiatives, and stakeholder engagement opportunities to create impact and influence that supports the business and the brand.
- Support production of company public reporting in collaboration with internal partners and cross-functional groups advancing and influencing the approach to reporting and measurement in the appropriate issue areas.
- Support company programs and initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional groups, lending subject matter expertise and partnership to advance Company goals and objectives.
- Distilling data and gathering insights to drive strategies and initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders inside and outside of the Company, navigating complex and challenging topics and representing holistic Starbucks perspectives while understanding the external policy and political landscape.
- Engage in strategic prioritization discussions and confidently present to leadership across the business.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 5-10 years leading government affairs and public policy related programs, projects, and cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Practiced facilitator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience in working with policymakers and influencers. Ability to work well independently and with others. Self-starter with excellent judgement and high integrity. Skilled in use and business computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
Join us and be part of something bigger.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.