Plant Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Why do you want to apply? The Windsor plant is O-I’s newest and highest performing non-union facility. O-I is a company that is committed to fostering an inclusive environment and offers opportunity for growth and advancement.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $115,000
The Windsor plant offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes the following:
- Vacation based on length of service.
- 13 paid holidays each year.
- Health, Dental, Prescription and Vision care coverage.
- Perform Well-Being Program – employer contributions up to $1500 in your HSA or HRA plan.
- Wellness Incentive – earn up to $300 in your HSA or HRA plan.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Voluntary Employee and Dependent Life Insurance.
- Weekly Disability Insurance.
- Paid Sick Leave – earn up to 48 hours per year.
- Parental Leave - up to 6 hours per month (up to a maximum of 18 hours in an academic school year.
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plans.
- 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan.
The Plant Environmental, Health & Safety Manager interfaces and interacts with NA Environmental Department and the Health and Safety Department personnel to ensure consistent knowledge, implementation and execution of regional E,H&S policies, procedures and strategies. Position is responsible for advising site management regarding the establishment of E,H&S objectives, plan activities to achieve those objectives, and integrate E,H&S into the site culture. This position plans and promotes all phases of the plant environmental, health & safety program.
The Mold/Machine Repair Supervisor should have:
- Experience leading, planning, and promoting all phases of the plant safety program.
- Be able to implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Experience participating in state and federal OSHA inspections
- The skills to coordinate the plant accident and investigation program, including the maintenance of required OSHA reports.
- Experience conducting mandated employee health and safety training programs
- The ability to assist Regional EH&S staff in the quantification, evaluation and control of employee exposure to potential occupational health hazards
The Mold/Machine Repair Supervisor will:
- Advise site management regarding the establishment of Environmental, Health & Safety objectives
- Maintain accurate and complete records that meet regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing E,H&S programs
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Act as the site contact for Worker’s Compensation issues.
- Coach and mentor plant leadership/supervisors in identifying hazards and the proper interaction with employees to discuss safety behavior (Tell Me process).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant performing Environmental, Health & Safety activities
- CSP, CIH or CHMM or equivalent certification preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.