Plant Engineering Manager
PepsiCoSaint Louis, Missouri15 days ago
To provide Electrical, Controls, and Automation support to Plant process, packaging, and utility operations. To support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in systems and equipment troubleshooting and technology transfer. To drive continuous improvement in the business by providing and implementing Controls and Automation solutions. To serve as a liaison between the Plant and Corporate Engineering with regards to Automation and System Integration. To assist Corporate and Plant Engineering with Electrical and Controls Projects.
- Industrial electrical and controls troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Industrial Network Protocols including Ethernet, Devicenet, Profibus, Controlnet, DH+, etc.
- PLC programming proficiency (Rockwell Automation Logix 5, 500, 5000)
- Knowledge of common controls components including Variable speed drives, safety devices, vision systems, etc.
- HMI/ Visualization programming including Wonderware Intouch, AB Panelview Plus
- Basic network Management, Layer 2/3 switching, spanning tree, Vlans
- Industrial Data Centers, Storage Area Networks, Server Management
- VMware Virtualization solutions
- Process controls experience in packaging or processing manufacturing environment
- Capable of working with and directing skilled trades employees
- Project management skills
- Must thrive in the fast-paced, aggressive, results-oriented culture
- Superior team building and ability to communicate technical and business information effectively
- Knowledge of Medium voltage electrical switchgear and distribution, NEC a plus
- Familiarity with OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA requirements a plus
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Basic understanding of MCC’s and PLC systems
- Experience working with pneumatic/ power/ and electrical transmission and fluid transfer systems
- Strong project management skills, responsibilities will include repair and capital project management
- Computer Skills (CMMS, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience in implementing preventive/ predictive maintenance systems
- Must have excellent organizational skills to ensure the ability to organize and scheduling maintenance activities
- Must have strong leadership skills to ensure the ability to lead the technical resources that will be under direct supervision, as well as influence non-direct personnel in key maintenance related issues
- Must have the ability to manage and coach shift managers to develop a team of hourly employees and build their team’s capabilities
- Experienced in a team-oriented culture
- Strong communication skills
- Evidence of demonstrated skills in effective empowerment of employees
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter, needing little direction
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required
- Must have a basic understanding of financial reporting and budgeting, including but not limited to cullage, yields, true efficiency as well as run strategy and all conversion and deployment KPI’s
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement