The Demand Planning Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the effective management of demand forecasting and planning processes within an organization. The primary responsibility of the Demand Planning Manager is to develop and implement demand forecasting models, strategies, and systems that optimize inventory levels, enhance customer satisfaction, and support overall business objectives. This role requires strong analytical skills, and strategic thinking. Will drive cross functional collaboration internally as well as outside sales and customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain demand forecasting models based on historical data, market trends, sales inputs, and other relevant factors. Collaborate with internal and external customers (Sales, Marketing, Warehouse Operations, Product Development, Buying) to merge statistical forecasts, POS (point of sales) forecasts, and other manual inputs into a final consensus to build weekly/monthly plan.
- Monitor inventory performance, identify potential stock-outs or excesses, and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare and present reports, dashboards, and KPIs to key stakeholders, including leadership
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, automation, and system enhancements.
- Lead or participate in projects to improve demand planning capabilities and deliver business value of team.
- Lead or participate in projects to improve demand planning capabilities and deliver business value.
- Responsible for MPS/MRP process to insure we are buying product to plan.
- Provide reporting with respect to stock outs, fill rates, current and future inventory positions.
- Oversees production scheduling, capacity planning, and the allocation of sales orders.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis of forecast accuracy and identify areas for improvement. Hold team members accountable to their tracking responsibilities.
- Proactively challenge and coach team member towards the achievement of demand planning accuracy objectives by focusing on continues improvement based on various levels of experience.
- Continue to build the forecasting capabilities of the Demand Planning team and encourage cross functional learning and integration with planning functions.
- Own the development and validation of training material and the creation and ongoing deployment of training in demand planning systems and processes.
- Sr Planner
- Planner II
- Planner I
- Lead Inventory Analyst
This description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions for the job identified for the purpose of job evaluations. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
- Skills and knowledge required for this position would generally be acquired with a four-year college degree with emphasis on Supply Chain and strong analytical skills. Practical experience would consist of a minimum of four years in these related fields. In lieu of degree, six years of experience in supply chain or related field. APICS certification considered in lieu of degree or experience.
- Manager experience preferred. Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and good judgement in solving complex problems.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in the areas of verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within a team and across multiple departments.
- Strong understanding of MRP. Strong computer literacy including advanced capability in Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-Look Ups), Word, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Must be familiar with forecasting software systems such as Avercast, Oracle, or similar systems.
- Manages complexity
- Business Insight
- Strategic mindset
- Manages ambiguity
- Develops talent
- Ensures Accountability