Rolling Stone, the pop culture bible for more than 50 years, is looking for a Photo Editor for its fast-paced digital newsroom someone who can research, edit, and curate visuals with great taste and on deadline.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure. The candidate must have deep photography research skills, experience with news gathering tools, and a nose for news. And of course, having a great eye is a must at a place like Rolling Stone, which has a half-century history of truly iconic imagery.
- Research, edit, and caption images in real-time
- Curate and produce visually-led stories in a fast-paced newsroom, anticipating visual needs as stories develop
- Work in our CMS to combine different formats, newsroom tools, and visual elements
- Work with platform and off-platform editors to surface visually-led stories
- Help maintain archives
- Track licensing from wire services
- Maintain relationships with vendors involved with photo production and illustration
- Experience in a news photo editing role, an enthusiasm for pop culture and current events, and keen news judgment.
- Proven deep photography research skills and experience with news gathering tools
- Highly organized and able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with an ability to balance short and long term projects
Typical wage range: $52k - $65k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day