The Dispensary Technician works closely with Pharmacists to provide exceptional patient care to our patients. The Dispensary Technician is responsible for consulting with qualified patients and caregivers and under the supervision of a pharmacist, administering approved medical marijuana products. The Dispensary Technician will also have responsibility for patient identification and registration, record retention, product tracking and inventory control. This position requires that the incumbent maintains an active State pharmacy technician’s license.
Schedule: FT 40 hours a week according to our dispensary hours including weekends.
Pay: $18+ an hour
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Monitor and resolve problems in the prescription fulfillment process.
- Promote and maintain the dispensary’s professional reputation and provide patients/customers with pharmacy products and services.
- Assist the Pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the State Labels products appropriately.
- Input patient data and medication orders into the POS system.
- Enter prescription data into VA State’s software.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient and customer service in a retail dispensary environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate the highest of ethical standards, a passion for excellent customer service, be patient centric, as well as show an ability to foster a supportive, collaborative and productive environment.•Weekends availability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least one year of experience working as a pharmacy technician.•Broad range of pharmacy techniques and practices such as compounding highly desirable.
- Customer facing experience a strong plus.
- Pharmacy Technician certification required.
Travel %: 0
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.