Per Diem Graphic Designer
WBBM-TV has an open position for an enthusiastic, bright, technically minded freelance graphic designer/animator to join a Creative Services Department that offers a wide range of work and mediums. The ideal candidate will create impactful, daily news graphics and special graphics packages while adhering to the CBS brand. They will conceptualize and execute engaging on-air animations for promos, shows, commercials, digital/social content, corporate presentations and more. This position will work directly with the Design Director, writer/producers, editors and other graphic designers.
- Strong design/animation skills and in-depth understanding of After Effects and industry standard plug-ins.
- Proficient in the Adobe CC Suite and Mac OS workflow.
- Excellent typography, design and color theory practices.
- Must be highly organized and able to follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Strong multi-tasking ability with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A sound grasp of post-production processes and services for broadcast.
- Must be dedicated, punctual, willing to learn and have a strong work ethic.
- Cinema 4D and/or VizRT working experience.
- Flexible schedule, last-minute, holiday, vacation relief coverage.
- Knowledge of Chicago and its vicinity.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, 3+ years of work experience at TV station, network or agency experience preferred.
- Please provide a link to a current portfolio or demo reel demonstrating abilities. Candidates without work samples will not be considered.
- References may be required
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.