We are looking for an experienced People Tech & Operations Manager to join our People team who can be a positive force to drive operational efficiency, manage best-in-class technology, design intentional processes, and build high performing resources to deliver an exceptional employee experience. With expertise in systems like Workday and strong project management skills, you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering on key team initiatives.
You will dive deep into process and tooling efficiencies, which means you need to be a strong project manager who can design and execute in key areas such as Workday business processes, data integrity, employee support centers, and compliance driven activities.
Additionally, this dynamic role will move between our tools, processes, and policies to drive for excellence, build trust and credibility with employees and managers, and influence team priorities through insights and data-driven methodology. Join us and be a part of a mission-driven company that is passionate about investing in people operations.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute on a vision for improving, implementing, and executing our operations procedures, including our processes in Workday and JIRA.
- Partner with key People team stakeholders to deliver operational support on key initiatives including performance and compensation cycles, new technology rollouts, Workday implementations, etc.
- Design and implement programs to minimize manual transactions and automate processes while improving the company’s knowledge-based People-related policies and practices, resulting in the improvement of self-service capabilities.
- Lead our Workday Data Integrity initiatives with a focus on establishing scalable auditing practice and improving Workday processes and design to deliver data-backed insights on our People Ops initiatives and future actions.
- Implement creative solutions to engage our employees and managers with our people technology while crafting thoughtful and intuitive learning guides.
- Deliver deep insights into People Operations activities and processes to evaluate successes and identify opportunities for our roadmap (e.g. audit insights, JIRA reporting, Workday BP and custom reports, etc).
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the People Generalist including setting a high bar for employee support services and measuring a success against well defined SLAs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of global policy, federal and state legislation, compliance filings and all other regulations that may affect our people policies and processes.
What you bring
- Expertise in our people tools including Workday HCM, JIRA Help Desk, Greenhouse, CultureAmp, and more. Additional workday module implementation experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working in People Ops teams at fast-paced, scaling organizations with a focus on IPO readiness and compliance.
- Experience with broad HR practices and program development, proven track record as an operational business partner that can understand the needs of stakeholders across the People function and beyond.
- Strong HR operational expertise with technology, process design, and tech implementations, and data analytics.
- High degree of customer-obsession, with a track record for delivering results, team collaboration and strong analytical acumen.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work “hands-on” and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required in this role
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Proven time management skills and project management skills, with the ability to drive end-to-end project and program management, from identifying a need, to engaging stakeholders in the design process, to implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite required, especially Google Sheets to include v-lookups, pivot tables, and beyond.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, comfortable adapting to change and bringing a sense of resilience to a scaling operations team.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization required.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base range for this role is $91,052 to $189,520
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.