People Operations Manager
Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
We are seeking a meticulous and nimble People Operations Manager with a people-first mindset, to design, implement and optimize HR processes and tools, and to support our employees with best-in-class customer service. Our ideal candidate possesses a deep-seated appreciation for the intricacies of HR systems, and takes pride in ensuring data integrity and finding opportunities for efficiency and automation. They are also passionate about employee benefits – from running audits and maintaining compliance, to managing time off and leaves, to keeping a pulse of the latest wellbeing trends – and can communicate and administer benefits programs and project manage vendors with confidence. Our People team is fast-paced and highly collaborative, and we value adaptability – someone ready to step outside their regular duties to champion a project or support a teammate. This role will report to the Senior Director of People and support overall HR programs for both our Corporate and Retail teams.
Six Month Expectations
- Master our HR tools and systems, to a point where you can train others. Immediately lead end to end HRIS operations and vendor management.
- Be the point of contact for employee questions and matters related to benefits, on/offboarding, leaves of absence, and general People Operations, demonstrating top-notch customer service and communication skills, along with resourceful, proactive problem-solving.
- Deeply understand Glossier’s benefits programs and company policies to a point where you can autonomously interpret and resolve issues. Administer all benefits programs and maintain policies with a high standard for compliance and best practices.
- Consistently update and maintain employee records, company org charts, and personnel files. Address data requests and ensure integrity and organization of data/reports.
- Evaluate our People processes and make recommendations for improvement and efficiency, with a focus on employee experience, automation, and scalability.
- Regularly draft employee-facing communications; clearly communicate instructions, program background, and relevant deadlines with a people-first approach. Thoughtfully respond to sensitive inquiries and cases with timeliness and detail.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners on the Legal, Tech Ops, and Finance and Controllership, and Retail teams, building trust and ensuring we are operating efficiently as a company.
- Manage vendor relationships with benefits, systems, and compliance partners, managing People Ops cases across internal and external contacts and tools.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Optimize and improve our HR processes and benefits administration to better serve our employees, and to support scalability and compliance, overseeing HR projects, audits, and reconciling data.
- Project manage HR system integrations and implementation of new tools, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and partners and managing project plans.
- Complete data analysis of internal surveys, performance and compensation cycles, and other HR initiatives. Develop and present recommendations to HR leaders.
- Support HR team and senior leaders in resolving compensation questions based on our pay philosophy and internal and external data.
- Support delivery of new and ongoing People programs, including performance, engagement, training, compensation, and more.
- Support development and review of company policies and handbooks, and ensure we are up to date with changing employment laws and regulations in all locations.
- Develop and maintain trackable people analytics, measuring key metrics to help inform organizational decisions and track organizational health.
- Master company payroll tools to a point where you are able to confidently act as secondary payroll support, capable of processing payroll in all systems and locations.
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience
- Expert level Excel skills, with ability to organize and analyze data
- Prior experience with ADP HRIS tools, Lifion experience is a plus
- Prior benefits admin experience, with strong understanding of HR and benefits compliance and best practices, and time off/leave regulations.
- Familiarity with local and federal employment laws in the US, EU, and Canada.
- Exceptional customer service, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking abilities, with proactive problem solving and research skills
- Experience handling sensitive employee concerns and data, in a detailed-oriented and empathetic manner
- Experience in the design and implementation of scalable HR processes and programs aiming to promote and retain best-in-class teams.
- Prior experience providing HR support for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Prior payroll experience is a plus
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.