People Operations Manager
ShogunRemote, OR5 months ago
A People Operations Manager who is passionate about building a world-class people function supporting a completely distributed remote global workforce. You will support many key areas for our team while also having the flexibility in your role to work on many career-building projects. Come join a fantastic team as we reimagine work at a growing, dynamic company.
In this role you will...
- Ensure labor law compliance in all locations, including keeping team members up to date on anti-harassment trainings.
- Manage day-to-day people operations of the business, including benefits, time off, LOA and employment contracts.
- Oversee implementation of and ongoing management of HRIS database.
- Support team members on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies.
- Maintain company handbook and wiki, ensuring policies are updated as needed.
- Process global onboarding, offboarding, and compensation changes while communicating with employees, managers and partner teams such as payroll or external vendors.
- Partner with team members across the organization to assist with new programs and projects.
- Work hand-in-hand with Recruiting team to ensure smooth candidate-to-team member experience.
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products, helping our team to consistently improve the team member experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated People Ops/HR experience
- Experience setting up internal people policies, systems, and procedures in a growing company
- Knowledge of employment law, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Experience managing a diverse group of team members including employees, contractors and freelancers
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a passion for thinking creatively and continuous improvement
- A self-starter attitude, an affinity for problem solving, and be a highly organized task master
- Access to high speed internet
Nice to Have...
- Experience supporting a multi-state, global organization
- PEO/HRIS implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and HR certification(s)
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class