People & Office Coordinator
The People team at Meyer is not your average Human Resources department. You'll be on a team that approaches everything with the goal to provide excellent customer service and best in class benefits and programs. Our friendly and fun teams good work reflect the pride we take in hiring and retaining our exceptional employees at Meyer US and affiliate companies.
If you are ready for the next step in your career, want to get started in the field of Human Resources this is great opportunity that doesn’t come available often!
Some of the skills we are looking for are:
- Incredible organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Great time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent collaborator
- Has a desire to be involved and promote a welcoming and inclusive culture
- Thrives in a fast paced and fun environment
The People & Office coordinator is our most forward-facing representative of the department and the company to our external customers and visitors. This person also plays a pivotal role in facilitating all key HR functions and programs with the team while maintaining a smile.
A relatively big chunk of the work consists of performing administrative tasks. These include:
- General office administration and coordination
- Answering internal and external HR-related queries and requests
- Creating slide decks for townhall meetings and employee communications
- Maintaining and updating employee records
- Assisting with the termination process
- Ordering office supplies
- Administers donation and volunteer program
- Keeps People pages on intranet updated
Recognition & Rewards
- Scheduling meetings, celebration events and maintaining the FUN calendar
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly recognitions, employee or the month, birthdays and anniversaries
- Coordinates company events and brings new fun ideas
- Administer wellness and education programs
Recruitment and onboarding
When it comes to the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, responsibilities include:
- Assisting the recruiter when needed completing reference checks
- Supporting the administrative part of the new hire process; reserving rooms, creating packets and new hire gift bags
- Helping out where necessary during the pre-boarding and onboarding of employees; in touch answering their basic questions, sending them relevant material, and so on
This support translates into the following responsibilities:
- Preparing materials for the performance review
- Assisting with performance management procedures
- Organizing performance reviews
Reporting and recommending
An important part of the People & Office coordinator’s job consists of trying to improve existing processes. This will include research, data analysis, and reporting. Tasks that go with this part of the job include:
- Conducting general check offs and audits
- Generating reporting
- Recommending possible actions to improve existing processes and communications
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to represent company with a high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to multitask and handle front desk activity calmly and professionally.
- Experience working with \the google suite a real plus
- Detail oriented and possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interface with all levels of Meyer’s employees, as well as with visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Must possess mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties.
Work is performed primarily indoors. Lighting is artificial. Equipment used includes standard office equipment. Physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, and lifting up to 25 lbs. Hours and days are primarily Monday through Friday. Position requires close contact with all Meyer employees.