People & Culture Specialist
We’re open to candidates located +/- 3 hours PT.
When you work at MetaLab, you join a crew where everyone feels cared about -- and cared for. From fostering an enjoyable and inclusive environment both online and IRL, to fielding every question under the sun, the People Ops team works behind the scenes to ensure a fantastic employee experience for each and every MetaLabber. No small feat for a 180-person team spread across the globe! If you’re the kind of person people might describe as “literal sunshine,” this role is for you. You’re warm, welcoming, easy to talk to, and you feel fulfilled when you’re celebrating others or helping set them up for success.
As a People and Culture Specialist at MetaLab, you focus on helping cultivate a culture where teams thrive. Whether 1:1 or in a co-wide setting, you've got a knack for building connections and fostering engagement across time zones. You’re tuned into the team’s needs. You’re hyper-organized and could plan an event in your sleep. You're a strong advocate for creating truly inclusive and equitable spaces, and you care deeply about the community you’re helping build.
- Planning and executing multiple People Ops projects at once. You’re comfortable driving projects, big and small, from the research stage through to launch.
- Provide support during employee onboarding, offboarding, and leaves
- Jump in to assist with general employee enquiries and support
- Championing company-wide events and initiatives, including coordination of both virtual events and in-person events all around the world
- Bringing forward ideas and solutions for continuous improvement of culture, inclusion, and overall employee experience at MetaLab
- Launch and administer regular HR processes such as engagement survey and performance review cycles
- Support additional HR tasks and projects as needed
The must-have shortlist
- 2+ years of experience in a People Ops or similar role
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multitask across a variety of projects
- Strong project management skills and able to casually organize chaos like it’s NBD
- Self-driven in an autonomous environment
- Approachable and supportive
- Proactive about making things happen, and always on the lookout for how to make the employee experience 10% better
- Trustworthy, responsible, and able to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion and care
- Comfortable working with HR software and communication tools like email and Slack
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.