People & Culture Coordinator
Provide support to the People & Culture (P&C) department to enable the execution of projects across P&C, including, but not limited to, the areas of recruitment, performance management, training and development, recognition and rewards, and health and well-being. Assist in Office Management duties, when required.
Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm. Works hard and stays focused on important goals, prioritizing efforts accordingly. Identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities. Driving improvements, including personal work goals and objectives. Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
Adapting and Responding to Change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows an interest in new experiences and can work effectively in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
Presenting and Communicating with Impact
Communicates for impact, clarity and connection. Speaks clearly and succinctly to ensure understanding. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes effective use of processes to influence and persuade others. Promotes ideas on behalf of oneself and others. Makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage once's impression on others. Adapts communication style to reflect the audience.
Applying Expertise and Technology
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job well and applies this expertise accordingly. Quickly learns new technology. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- 1+ year(s)’ experience in a similar role
- Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred
- Assist with all internal and external P&C related inquiries or requests
- Keep up to date with the latest P&C trends and best practices
Recruitment, Selection, and On-boarding
- Assists with recruitment and interview process: tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process;
- Post appropriate job advertisements (internally and externally);
- Manage the Recruitment database;
- Manage all staff inductions and ensure training and relevant paperwork is completed and filed;
- Maintain employee files and records of contractors;
- Assist with the on-boarding process, as well as the termination process
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
Performance Management and Recognition/Rewards
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Assist with KPI management, including helping employees to add KPI’s into Water Hole and auditing completion in this area
- Maintain the Great Effort Award register and monthly communications to staff; and
- Purchase staff awards as per recognition programs as required.
Training and Development
- As requested, research suitable training providers in-line with the training needs and event calendar;
- Manage training workshop venue bookings and staff communications pertaining to training events as required; and
- Support the Learning & Development Team in MBO
- Assist in the execution of health and wellbeing programs in line with agreed global strategy;
- Assist and take part in Employee Culture & Engagement initiatives for the US business; and
- Assist in executing global Diversity & Inclusion initiatives for US business
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the role. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We’re a family, who is Outrageously playful, with Wild imagination.
We’re a family
- We demonstrate kindness as part of the Moose family – treating others the way we want to be treated. We’re all about welcoming your wacky, weird, and wonderful self at work!
- Moosies pride themselves on taking personal responsibility for their actions and outcomes, always acting ethically, professionally, sustainably, and with a smile.
- We know there is no ‘I’ in TEAM and are committed to hitting team goals way out of the park.
- We’ve got each other’s backs – we support each other with no politics or personal agendas.
- All Moosies use play to stimulate thinking and innovation – applying learnings across all initiatives.
- We think outside the toy box to keep things super FUN.
- We consistently give 100% to put the punch in our products and services.
- We keep our energy up so there’s a great buzz around the place all the time – helping to foster great ideas and ensuring strong productivity.
- We’re prepared to share the kooky and the creative in brainstorming sessions, to bring the best Moose to market.
- Moosies put heart and soul into innovating and delivering the best toys ever.
- We elicit infectious enthusiasm, are non-judgemental, value diversity of thinking and the benefits this brings, and are open to all WOW ideas.
- We keep on trend and across new technologies and sustainable approaches so we can bring this knowledge to the playroom.
- 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday
- 8:30am – 3:00pm, Friday
- 30-minute unpaid lunch break each day.
- Scheduled workweek: 38 hours.
- Overtime hours may be needed and must be approved in advanced.
$20/hr – $27/hr
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and other office productivity machinery, may need to reach, stoop, kneel to access items
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Frequently communicates with other employees and third-parties, must be able to speak clearly and exchange accurate information.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers and light traffic)
- Indoor business office environment with windows; light foot traffic within work areas
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
People & Culture Manager