People & Culture Advisor
This role will be on-site to support our afternoon/evening workforce by working the hours of 2:00pm-10:00pm EST, Monday to Friday from our Distribution Center in Groveport, Ohio.
Who we are
Lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The People and Culture Advisors partner with people managers and employees to accomplish business objectives through the application of thoughtful, intentional, and innovative people support. They act as a People and Culture expert delivering frontline counsel and guidance in all areas of talent management. Additionally, they partner with business managers and cross-functional partners to deal with various queries and resolve issues autonomously, inclusive of all P&C matters. This role supports all roles within Global Fulfillment based in their market and supports the site People and Culture Manager for the DC Campus. The Advisors also support network wide strategic initiatives and programs with direction from the P and C Manager. They Influence and inspire leaders by championing the company's core values through the Practice of Leadership.
A day in the life
- This role will be primarily based out of our Columbus Distribution Center.
- The role will have schedule flexibility, however, will need to work 3 days a week to overlap the evening shifts and provide support to Managers and employees which would be approximately 2:00pm-10:00pm.
- Provide effective and timely first line P&C support and counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various P&C related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C policies and procedures.
- Support with initiatives and projects that impact the employee experience within the Global Fulfillment network.
- Support Managers through coaching on performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow-up of action plans around improving employee's performance.
- Provide coaching and advice on career development, recruitment practices, succession planning, compensation and performance management, diversity & inclusion and other human resource practices.
- Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests from managers to ensure compliance with company culture and practices, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable legislation, and make a recommendation to leadership on how to proceed.
- Prepare and administer termination notices and related documentation around termination of employment.
- In partnership with benefits team, support Managers with accommodation request cases and follow up with internal and external partners on progression of each file including return to work planning.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the team/department and provide recommendation on action plans for improvement.
- Monitor employee engagement and provide advice and recommendation on action plans to build on strengths and address areas of dis-satisfaction.
- Support operational workforce planning and support hiring managers to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary information to support job leveling and compensation to prepare for hiring.
- Support People and Culture Manager with delivery of annual people programs including Grind, bi-annual compensation review, promotion exercises and bonus programs.
- In partnership with the People Practices team, ensure compliance for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and corporate P&C related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- As required in partnership with People Practices, lead and conduct investigations regarding violations of our company's standards of conduct.
- Partners with People and Culture Specialist to on people analytics reporting in order to communicate data to inform and support decision-making.
- In partnership with People and Culture Centers of Excellence, facilitate training to the business for P&C programs (eg. annual performance management review, Compensation /Bonus/ Equity) as required.
- Ensure that all Workday people transactions and reporting is completed in a timely manner along with general P&C administration management in partnership with People Experiences support team.
- 3-5 years progressive generalist or similar relatable experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience partnering to drive strategic people initiatives
- Deep understanding of US Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Broad human resource knowledge and ability to facilitate the delivery of People and Culture advisory services to the business
- Passion for the employee experience and is energized to regularly walk the warehouse floor and foster connection and an open-door culture with all employees
- Conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask
- Decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relations, people management and training
- Personal responsibility to see issues through to resolution and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work from the lululemon Columbus Distribution Center. Will have the ability to work remote from time to time.
- Ability to work an average of 3 days a week overlapping our night shift teams from approximately 2:00pm-10:00pm. Days can be flexible.
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
lululemon is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you would like someone from our team to contact you for individualized support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your request.