Verano is looking for an energetic People Coordinator to join our team! The People Coordinator performs and supports the Human Resources operation of a retail, cultivation and manufacturing facility. As a tactical partner, the People Coordinator will serve in a hands on role supporting the People Operations Partners with ensuring fair and consistent delivery of HR services and initiatives. This role serves as a key resource for clients in providing data, status updates and general information about the recruitment process. This position requires a high level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidential information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the new hire coordination and onboarding process (start date scheduling, verify completion of paperwork, HRIS enrollment, and orientation process).
- NJ MMP Badging process (Requesting docs from candidates, registry in NJ MMP system, etc.)
- Generate and send Offer Letters and associated documents to new hires.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team and People Operations Partner on new employee on-boarding and alert the team of any changes in hire status.
- Serves as initial point of contact for employees regarding first-tier HR questions (benefits, password reset, etc.).
- Monthly Benefits Enrollment.
- Maintaining HR and Employee Files.
- Communicate any urgent employment issues with the People Operations Partner.
- Termination/Offboarding paperwork processes.
- Verification and completion of I9s.
- Ensure documents are properly uploaded into Paragon System (HRIS).
- Support the People Operations Partner and VP, People Operations Partner on any special projects and other assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative Human Resources role
- Must be 21 years of age
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Paragon/iSolved system a plus, but not required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office, retail, and warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.