The Marketing Arm is looking for a Coordinator to join our People Team. This position will work closely with internal teams including Office Services, Recruiting, Human Resources, Education & Training, and more. In this role, you will be responsible for a diverse and engaging number of responsibilities critical to agency success.
- Reporting to the Director, People, the Coordinator will partner with Office Management, Learn and Development and People Teams.
- Support the TMA NYC Office locations. This includes coordinating office operations, working with office vendors, and providing support for staff. This role interacts with all levels of clients and staff. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ordering catering for client meetings.
- Tracking staff (in/out of office).
- Updating and maintaining all staff contact lists.
- Maintaining all office equipment and any necessary supplies.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Scheduling and preparing conference rooms and conference calls when needed.
- Coordinating new hire setup and promotions.
- Assisting with staff functions and events.
- Serving as the liaison between IT/Telecom and staff/vendors/TMA.
- Assist with executive and senior leadership with operational and administrative needs including:
- Scheduling meetings
- Completing timesheets
- Booking travel and expense reports for People leadership team
- Creating PPT/Keynote presentations for executive leadership team
- Taking and distributing notes
- Handling vendor billing management, and process purchase orders
- Provide support in managing budget (when needed)
- Act as project coordinator to the Education & Training Manager by providing support for operational needs, workshops, training attendance, subscriptions, the Intranet, and overall maintenance (developing content, scheduling, training badges, etc.).
- Provide support to special projects and programs across the People team, including but not limited to DE&I programs and projects, Mobility Program development and project management, and performance management operational support.
- Highly detail-oriented, solution-driven, self-motivated, and eager learner willing to work in a collaborative, hybrid work environment.
- 1–2 years’ experience in handling and owning multiple projects, meeting established deadlines, and monitoring project timelines and workflow.
- Experience in the learning and development of, or interest in supporting the development of, training programs and workshops.
- Organized and able to independently prioritize and multitask, with professionalism at all levels.
- Thrive in working autonomously and thinking strategically
- Able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and leaders across the agency.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and able to generate high-quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization in a proactive and polished manner.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge within Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Keynote and Google Suite.
- A resourceful, can-do attitude and adapts well to shifting priorities.
TMA Perks & Benefits:
- Continuous training, educational programs, speaker series and workshops
- Culture events throughout the year (just virtually now!)
- Communities to connect with:
- TMACares (Volunteering)
- DiscoverTMA (Furthering diversity and inclusion)
- TMA Women’s Initiative (Fostering the growth and achievements of women)
- Wellness Group (Helping to improve the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of employees)
- Competitive vacation plan, sick days and personal days to prioritize your mental health
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Robust holiday schedule
- Parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan