As the Payroll Specialist at Vanta, you will own all aspects of payroll processing and compliance for all Vanta employees.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
What you’ll do as a Payroll Specialist at Vanta:
- Manage full-cycle US payroll processing and assist with exempt and non exempt payroll transactions on a periodic basis.
- Manage international payroll processing and work with international specialists to ensure local compliance.
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including 401(k) and Workers Compensation.
- Ensure the processing of off-cycle payments for terminations by timely preparing and administering final checks within state regulatory guidelines.
- Process manual tax adjustments, quarter-end adjustments, and year-end adjustments.
- Assists with reconciling W-2's, Form 3291, 1099, and other year-end activities.
- Drive standardization and continuous improvement of payroll operations.
- Oversight in payroll related input into month and quarter-end close activities; including but not limited to understanding payroll GL. reporting, journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist and drive internal service level agreements for employee and internal business partner payroll inquiries.
- Process employee reimbursements ensuring compliance with company policies.
- General knowledge of implications with respect to tax reporting on equity (RSU, ISO & NQSO) plans
How to be successful in this role:
- Prior experience processing multi state US payroll, payroll tax compliance
- Strong multistate tax and payroll compliance experience.
- Prior experience working in international markets
- Experience using various payroll processing software
- Some experience converting payroll data into GL data
Pay Range: $91,000 -$107,000; If you are offered the position, your offer amount will be based on your experience.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.