Labatt Food Service is seeking a Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist is part of a team responsible for administrating and processing tasks related to the execution of weekly payroll processing and reporting for all employees. Responsibilities include reviewing timeclock entries, entering time adjustments, updating payroll records, making pay changes and answering manager and employee questions about payroll. The main priority is to ensure employees are compensated accurately and on time. The Payroll Specialist will be working with highly confidential information and will need to double check all work completed.
- Process time clock, time adjustments, time off records and other documents
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Coordinate with management about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
- Oversee electronic payments and distribution of payroll checks
- Update data with salary or wage adjustments
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. bonuses, employee purchases, gas card usage, etc.)
- Handle benefit deductions
- Produce employee files to upper management upon request
- Answer employee questions or address issues related to salaries and payments
- Distribute payroll-related documentation including pay checks, W-2 forms, etc.
- Maintain accurate and current electronic employee files
- Support audit-related data requests
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly learn new systems, follow detailed instructions, perform accurate calculations, meet weekly deadlines, communicate well with managers and employees, and enjoy working independently. 10 key experience is a plus. The successful candidate must be organized and able to follow directions well. Bachelor’s degree preferred.