Responsible for providing excellent customer service by handling child support orders and wage garnishments, answering payroll questions from the field and meeting all deadlines. Refers to companies policies and other tools to research and ensure the questions are answered correctly and timely. Assists in special projects as needed. Expected to maintain confidentiality of all material handled.
- Provides phone support from the field regarding payroll checks and miscellaneous questions.
- Researches and resolves payroll inquiries from the field regarding payments processed through the Payroll Department. Makes corrections to information in the systems if necessary.
- Collaborates with staff to ensure all payroll processing deadlines are being met. Assists with exception/audit reports before processing payroll.
- Performs all payroll functions in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, etc.) and in writing (emails, letters, etc.) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, etc.).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Associates degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in clerical accounting or payroll.
- Payroll Certification.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).