Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
- 📈 401k match
- 📝 Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays, and company-wide recharge days
- 💌 Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to lead the day-to-day payroll activities within our Finance team. As a Payroll Manager, you will own the entire payroll process, and partner closely with the People Team to ensure that processes and roles are aligned to support the company’s rapid growth. You will also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external payroll inquiries.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Own the payroll function and serve as the main point of contact for all payroll related matters
- Process bi-weekly, final, and ad-hoc disbursement of multi-state payroll including, but not limited to garnishments, tax liens, miscellaneous deductions, benefits and taxes in a team environment for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely way
- Ensures all deductions are compliant with all federal and state wage laws
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Research, analyze, and resolve discrepancies
- Perform payroll analysis and research as required
- Obtain the latest development and legislations which affect payroll processing
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience in working for a start up environment
- 5+ years of payroll and benefits and 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Experience around multi-state US payroll with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll-related standards, regulations, and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically driving projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and comfort with a changing work environment
- Ability to work in Pacific Time hours
Nice to Have:
- CPP certification
- Experience in NetSuite and ADP
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.