Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
Yext is seeking an experienced payroll and commissions professional to join our growing team. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for maintaining and operating the Company's payroll function, processes and systems, including global payroll, commissions payments, commission calculations, bonuses, payroll related taxes and certain business operations. The Payroll Manager will partner and work closely with HR, Equity, and Finance teams. Reporting to the Senior Director Global Payroll and Commissions, this manager will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain, operate and update payroll systems/processes on a daily basis
- Support and review commissions payments, processes and functions as needed
- Manage the payroll cycle for all Yext entities (international and domestic), including setting up international payroll for new international entities
- Calculate and process global payroll, commissions payments, and payroll taxes transactions
- Ensure bonuses/commissions/variable pay earnings are accurate and on-time for the sales teams in line with current compensation plans
- Investigate and drive resolution to payroll questions from finance and HR teams
- Work with HR and Senior Director of Global Payroll and Commissions to develop processes for the timely reporting, recording and review of bonuses, new hires, promotions and other compensation related changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Be responsible for properly coding commissions, payroll, taxes and equity to ensure expenses, cash, tax payments, equity reports, etc. are reconciled to payroll subledger/system and the accounting system.
- Promote proper procedure and infrastructure within company-wide teams and groups
- Provide monthly analysis and report on payroll related metrics
- Work with Equity & tax teams to ensure tax calculations for equity-based compensation awards are prepared, reviewed and timely submitted to payroll for processing
- Close attention to detail to ensure accuracy and eliminate any subsequent adjustments to payroll
- Commitment to process improve and reengineer current systems to build efficient and scalable payroll process
What You Have
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years of Payroll experience,
- Experience with major Payroll and ERP system (ADP, Workday, Netsuite)
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.