Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ”) (CSE: JUSH) (OTCQX: JUSHF), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. We are seeking a Payroll Manager who will partner with the Payroll and Accounting team on the coordination, administration, and communication of payroll-related services, systems, and events. This position will help provide accurate and timely payroll as well as exceptional customer service to our most valuable resource, our people. The Payroll Manager will work collaboratively with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise to maximize efficiency and productivity.(This role allows hybrid schedule flexibility after completion of training and probationary period)
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and assist the day-to-day multi-state payroll operations for approximately 1000+ hourly union, non-union, and salaried employees
- Oversee all payroll processing including hours calculations, process adjustments, reimbursement, refunds, and void checks
- Review, track, and ensure the accuracy of relocation reimbursements and sign-on bonuses
- Perform vacation calculations, PTO, Vacation, and Sick pay
- Review and assist with the correction of errors to resolve issues with all payroll runs
- Resolve payroll operations issues and manage through process improvement
- Ensure payroll operations are consistent with all up to date best practices (SOX compliance)
- Monitor submissions of all approved timesheets and ensure valid data transfers
- Conduct periodic internal audits of various payroll areas, documents issues found and provides recommendations for improvement, and assist and guide staff with implementation of any changes
- Coordinate efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure the proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports such as labor, work, overtime, leave balances, headcount, and retirement contribution reports)
- Assist in the reconciliation of year-end payroll in preparation to finalize W-2’s, amendments, and tax resolution issues
- Work in collaboration with internal and external auditors as directed by the Sr. Manager
- Perform other functions and/or special projects as directed by the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise payroll specialists and provide guidance and support to the team to ensure payroll tasks are executed in accordance with defined payroll processes
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with SOX compliance is required
- 10+ years of experience in payroll, and accounting with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience processing full-cycle multi-state payroll
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology systems
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Demonstrated the ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail and judgment in decision-making
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.